- Chapter 31The Mercury CIC was on edge, having attempted to jump directly into a firing position that provided a targeting solution for the main guns. The current thinking on tactics was the Mercury’s forward facing guns were so devastating the preferred tactic was to charge targets at high speed and aim at the enemy ships enter axis and cut her in two on the first pass. […]
- Chapter 30Captain Brad “Reptile” Adkins settled in to the commanders office on the Solaria with a frown on his face. The desk nameplate from the previous occupant, Commander Jesse Green was still on the desk. None of the crew had survived and that meant there would be ghosts on this ship.’’ […]
- Chapter 29James “Jaybird” Thompson had been given secondary missions ever since the fall, which was only a month ago. Today he was on primary with a mission to do a micro jump and take out the refinery. His new electronic warfare officer, “Plano” was strapped in because they were in a raptor launch tube. He looked a fat stuffed bear in his seat belts. There were only a few of these on a Mercury class Battlestar. They were dedicated for special missions. […]
- Chapter 28Twenty minutes later Commander Eva Lawson strode in to […]
- Chapter 27The Cavil pinned her arms above her head as he […]
- Chapter 31
Category Archives: Build
These pictures are “build in progress”.
These pictures are “build in progress”.
As we are all slowly gaining momentum I thought it might be wise to have a place to post the things that we are currently in need of for what ever particular project we happen to be working on. If somebody needs me to build something or script something so that they can continue with a project they are working on they can either contact me directly or leave a post for me right here. But, in return, I get to do the same. This is where we beg and plead for that particular object, script, or animation that we don’t have, but that we hope somebody else in our group does have it and can share it.
So, since I have your attention…… here is what I am in need of right now:
I need anything resembling office supplies. File cabinets. Wall Posters. Computer looking stuff. (Full Perm or at least Modifiable.)
I need medical looking equipment. (Full Perm or at least Modifiable.)
I need gun lockers, supply crates, and anything military looking. (Full Perm or at least Modifiable.)
I need Gym Equipment. (Full Perm or at least Modifiable.)
My focus right now remains with the battlestar. I am doing my best to get it furnished with just enough stuff to make it feel like a functional battlestar. I have added 4 different animations around the command table and added animations to the console chairs in CIC. As of right now you sit in the chairs by sitting on the battlestar emblem on the back of the chair. I need to rewrite some poseball scripts to fix that. One thing at a time……
Anyway, if you have ANY Full Perm furniture that you feel might be appropriate for the battlestar, please get it to me. I can add animations to anything that we build, so we are not always forced to purchase what we need. Thanks for listening and keep on buildiing. Find me if you need me.
Hi everyone. This is my first post here on this new looking site so please bear with me. I would like to become more involved with the building/scripting, however my current schedule leaves me with very limited free time. I am browsing the posts and have not found a category dedicated to builds and current sim needs. I will give you what free time I can spare, but I need some direction. I have been asked to make the battlestar jumpable, which is pretty easy, but I have some degree of difficulty getting the smaller ships to jump with the battlestar if they are rezzed and within the pod. I am certain that this can be overcome. But, as I am reading some of the potential story plots I am wondering what has been decided and what we can consider to be set in stone. Are we on Earth and discovering the Galactica somewhere in space? Are we going to use a Columbia class battlestar? Somebody please contact me and fill me in so that I can be of some assistance. I miss you guys.
The Patriot Games
Because of the limitations of the nature of Second Life, the arena for the Patriot Games will actually be a small section of it.
I would like to see maybe a training area and smaller arena, think the training arenas of the ancient Roman Gladiators.
I think the HG players should maybe have week long training RP where actual fighting is not allowed, followed by an arena event each weekend, or even once a month if we have many players once we get started.
Ive asked Shmuel his opinion on making the sim dedicated to Genesis on Monday Wednesday Friday and maybe Sundays. The off days we dedicate it to the Patriot Games.
We might even try a mass rezzor that will add or remove Genesis and the space builds, maybe even the small Earth build or something.
Maybe on Genesis days its downtown London and on HG days its the training center and arena from the Confederate Theocracy.
Id like to hear from the HG side players what they prefer.
Ultimately, it would be nice to have a dedicated group of HG players that can tell their characters story in both sim games. Perhaps the Games days are the events that led up to the volunteering for the ultimate space adventure, or maybe it was what drove them to the ultimate escape from the horrors of Earth…